Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Baked Buffalo Chicken Legs




My teenage son absolutely loves hot wings. But, wings have hardly any meat on them. So, to feed my family of 6, it would get pretty pricy to make just "wings". Anyway, as I was browsing our local grocery store one morning, I noticed they had chicken legs on sale...it all happened from there. Wallah...Buffalo Chicken Legs it is!

In my past experiences, with making hot wings, I experimented with a few sauce recipes and came up with one, that we all seem to love. So make tonight, a hot wings night...oops, I mean, a hot chicken legs night and enjoy!

What you need: Chicken legs, soy sauce, vinegar, *Franks Red Hot sauce.




1st: Lightly spray (non-stick cooking spray) foil covered cookie sheet (with edges). Rinse off chicken legs and pat dry & place chicken onto cookie sheet.

Set aside a few seconds and let’s make the sauce!



2nd: In a bowl, whisk together 1 bottle of Franks Red Hot sauce, a dash or two of vinegar & soy sauce. Super easy right? (Yes really only a dash or two)

Almost done:  Brush sauce onto chicken legs. Place in preheated oven at 400 degrees and cook for 20 minutes & turn. Brush sauce on other side. Continue to cook for 20 minutes.




Now to finish this masterpiece: Broil for 5 to 10 minutes until browned & a little crispy & there you have created a wonderful & easy supper that your kids are sure to love and you will too!




*(I also used a mild strength sauce). Franks brand makes all different kinds.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Did you say your teenage son? I thought you were just out of your teens. You look fantastic! Thanks for this recipe :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fawn, you are too sweet! I am almost 34! I actually feel better in my 30's then I did in my 20's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this tonight for dinner, with ranch rice. It was pretty good but I think next time I’m going to make sure I have more Franks, I only had half a bottle, or maybe marinate it for a little bit so it gets more flavor. Super easy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete