Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 21, 2012

10 Days of Proverbs 31~ Day FOUR



Proverbs 31:20 She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.



Thank you for coming back for day four. Recently I have been talking about taking care of ourselves, our children, our households.
I really want to talk about taking care of others...outside of our home. I actually wanted to talk about something I hold very dear to my heart. Single moms. Yep, that's right, single moms.

I know personally how hard it is to be a single mom. I also have very close friends who are single moms. I have two close friends who are single mothers. They both love the Lord, they both love their children, and they both did not plan on ever in their wildest dreams of becoming single mothers. In other words, they didn't ask for their husbands to leave them.
My two close friends have full plates: full time jobs, and one goes to college full time as well. Neither have family near by.
As busy as I am, I cannot help but to be thankful for a husband who also loves the Lord and who genuinely helps me and works with me as a team with parenting and running our household.
I do not feel sorry for my friends. They would not want me to. They rarely ask for help from others.
Helping them is a constant pull on my heart. I feel the Lord puts everyone in your life for a reason. I love my friends. I cannot imagine doing everything on my own and I do not want them to do everything on their own either.
Do you have a close friend who is a single parent? Maybe you know someone who is a single parent. Sometimes a small act of kindness can go a long ways.
I encourage you to help a single parent. Something small, perhaps make a meal for her. That could free up some of her time to spend with her kids. Or, offer to watch her children for her for an hour. Or, just pray for her. Pray that the Lord will watch over her and her children and give her strength and courage to raise her children.




Galatians 6:9-10  And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Today is day 4 and many others are doing a series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.

• Contributing to family income/2 better than 1
• The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
• Using time wisely/BlessedBeyondMeasure
• Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
• Using money wisely/Jennifer Sikora
• Keeping an eye on home/Just a Glimpse
• She can laugh at the days ahead/faith filled food for moms
• Clothed in strength and dignity/One thing I’ve Learned
• Taking care of others/ 2 savvy gals
• Being Creative/A Patchwork Mommy
• Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
• Extending your Hand to the Poor/Women’s Fellowship House
• Organization/Teaching what is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment