Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 23, 2012

10 Days of Proverbs 31~ Day SIX


Proverbs 31:20
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.

Welcome back for day six. As my topic is taking care of others, I wanted to talk about a somewhat sensitive subject. How do we take care of the poor? The poor, who may even not even have a home? Do you give them money? Perhaps, a meal? How would God want you to take care of the poor? Perhaps you do not have a lot to give. Perhaps, it is easier to turn your head rather than to help. It breaks my heart to see anyone homeless. I could not imagine. The truth is - most of the time - we do not know their story. We do not know how it happened, but God does.

I would like to share a few of my own ideas to help others in extreme situations. You can donate to a Christian charity of your choice, or maybe your church has a special offering for those in need, or maybe even leading a fundraiser in your local community. I recently ran across this idea on Pinterest and it’s so simple, but yet so amazing! I obviously cannot take credit for the wonderful idea, so I am putting her link on here. When you go to this blog by clicking on the link, you will be lead to instructions on how to put a Blessing bag together.




http://kwavs.blogspot.com/2011/05/blessing-bags-how-to.html


These are called "Blessing Bags". The idea is to keep them in your car, and next time you see a homeless person, or a homeless family, please give this to them.



Hebrews 13:16  Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.



1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea, and the solution to a real dilemma, I think. Plus, it's a great activity to do with children.

    Thanks for the suggestion, and the link.

    Blessings,
    Anne (shadowwonder)

    ReplyDelete