Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tater Tot HOTDISH Recipe





Well, here is another famous Midwest recipe. In fact, I think about every Midwest mama probably has some idea how to make this. I have learned that everyone makes this a little bit different. So I am going to share my way, and who knows you might just like it!

Coming from Iowa to Minnesota, I have learned that in Minnesota, it is improper to call any casserole a casserole. Nope, it is a HOTDISH in Minnesota. So here is my Tater Tot HOTDISH recipe.

This is a great recipe to double up or even triple it and freeze it. It heats up nicely.

What you will need:
1 lb ground beef or lean ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 12oz bag of frozen veggies of your choice (thawed)
I can of cream style corn (this is what makes it mine) ha ha
1-2 cans of cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup
3/4 cup shredded cheese (I use colby jack)
1 16oz bag of frozen tater tots
salt & pepper

1. Brown ground beef with salt & pepper and chopped onion. Drain.
2. Mix the soups and veggies with ground beef & add to cake pan and top with cheese.

3. Top with the frozen tater tots and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min. (I use the broil option for about the last 3 min, because we like it extra crispy)
This recipe is easy on the wallet too and everyone is sure to love it! Remember you can adjust the ingredients to your liking. I added a can of cream-style corn one time, only because I did not have enough soup, and it seemed too dry & Wallah....I created a family favorite!






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment