Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken

I love this recipe!  It's one of my favorite meals to make because it is so simple, only takes five ingredients, is inexpensive, and most importantly, my kids like it.  I like to call recipes like this dump-and-forget because that is literally what you do until it's time to eat!

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Rotel*
1 package taco seasoning*
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:  Add chicken to crock pot.  Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.  Pour Rotel and soup over seasoned chicken.  Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

*You can cook the chicken straight from the freezer or thawed.  You can substitute 1 cup of your favorite salsa for the Rotel.  I only use about a 1/3 to 1/2 a package of taco seasoning.  I think using a whole package is a little too much and can get salty.  I also use fat free cream of mushroom soup and reduced fat sour cream.

I serve the finished chicken over rice but you could also wrap it in tortillas.  It would also be good for nachos.

Ingredients

Add taco seasoning over chicken.

Add Rotel.

Add soup.

Remove from heat and add sour cream.

Served over rice.

So, so simple!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment