Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 14, 2011

School Lunch idea

 Preparing school lunches can be mind-boggling at times. Preparing a cold sandwich is one idea, but I try and mix it up a bit. On cold winter days, my kids love to have something warm to eat.
I absolutely LOVE thermos meals. When purchasing a thermos, make sure you buy a good one. Not the plastic cheap ones. The food will not stay warm in the cheap ones. I like the brand Thermos.

Here is one idea that my kids really enjoy:

What you will need:

1 package of Bob Evans Mac & Cheese & 1 small ham steak (pre- cooked)

1st. Heat water in a tea pot until boiling. Pour boiling water into thermos and replace lid. Let stand.
 In the meantime, heat up ham & prepare Mac & cheese according to pkg instructions. allowing boiling water sit in thermos will assure you that your food will stay warm until lunch time. (about 4-5 hours)


2nd. Dice heated ham. Mix together. Wallah! You have created a lunch your kids are sure to love!
Another great point, is the cost of this lunch. Bob Evan's Mac & Cheese is 2.49. I only buy it when it is on sale for that price. It is even cheaper if you have a coupon!
Ham Steak 2.89
I am  able to make 3 lunches from this. I also send cold milk into a thermos and a piece of fruit. This is roughly under $2 per lunch. Want it even cheaper? Use Kraft Mac & Cheese prepared the night before.
I have also added cooked chicken breast or sliced all beef cooked hot dogs.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment