Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 14, 2011

Goulash Recipe (my way)

This recipe is great for BUSY MOMS!

Goulash is no doubt a Midwest comfort food. My Grandmother made it a lot, and then so did my mom. I now make goulash for my family. It is not only yummy, but it fits the bill too! The best part~ it is SIMPLE & QUICK!

What you need: 1lb ground beef, cooked pasta (we prefer elbow macaroni or shell pasta), your canned tomatoes, (or stewed tomatoes in a can), 1 or 2 cans of tomato soup, cheese of your choice. (I use cheddar or parmesan).


Step 1. Brown your ground beef, I always add chopped onion, salt & pepper, sometimes choppped green peppers too.

Step 2. Boil pasta according to package instructions.
Step 3. Add drained ground beef to your drained cooked pasta, & your stewed tomatoes,(or your canned tomatoes) tomato soup.
Step 4. Place your goulash in a casserole pan and top with about 1/2 cup of cheese. (I added fresh basil for more of an Italian taste).
Step. 5 Bake covered for 20-25 min.

Step 6. ENJOY

There are many ways of modifying this recipe. You can add crushed tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes, or your homemade canned tomatoes (with juice). You can also add store bought tomato juice. You really cannot mess this easy HOTDISH up! Goulash freezes well and taste even better the next day. Tip: When re-heating goulash, if it seems dry, just add some tomato juice.


My Recipe for homemade vegetable tomato Juice is under Recipes tab. I recommend using it in this goulash recipe.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment