Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 14, 2011

How do you Serve the Lord?


We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. (NIV, Romans 12:5-8)

How do you serve the Lord? Do you serve gladly? Do you serve the Lord with a cheerful heart? I know that I am guilty of sometimes doing more complaining and not having joy in my heart. I came across a devotion about this a few months of go. Needless to say it was very convicting to me. I prayed about this, and I know the Lord gave me my talents. I know now that I need to use my talents to serve the Lord. And serve with honest Joy.

I love to organize and "take charge" of things. So I take my "bossiness", as my family would call it, and use it in a way the Lord would want me to.

After I had my 4th baby, ladies from our church brought us meals and it was a huge blessing to our family. I noticed everyone that brought us a meal, had true joy in their heart. I was so thankful for that.

It later became something, I would do for others once and a while. Now, I can honestly say I am "joyfully"  in charge of organizing meals for moms, who are welcoming home a new baby, & for people who are released from a hospital stay. It is great to see God work through others and myself to bring a small blessing. We are God's hands.

If you are interested in serving God this way, here is a website that helps make it even easier. www.takethemameal.com
If you feel God tugging at your heartstrings to do this too...please check out this website.

How do you serve God?

Stacy



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. After I had my little boy, we were brought meals, it was SO nice! I love the saying that when you lose yourself in service you find yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that saying too! Thank you for sharing that!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete