Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 25, 2011

Cheeseball a la Betty Crocker

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend, everyone!  Every holiday season I make this Cheeseball from an old Betty Crocker cookbook.  It's pretty simple to put together and it's a hit every time I serve it.

Ingredients:
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese**
3/4 cup crumbled blue, Gorgonzola or feta cheese (4 ounces)**
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions:
Place cheeses in medium bowl; let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes or until softened. Beat onion and Worcestershire sauce into cheeses with electric mixer on low speed until mixed. Beat on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl frequently, until fluffy.  **Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours until firm enough to shape into a ball.

Shape cheese mixture into 1 large ball.  Roll in parsley; place on serving plate.  **Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.  Serve with crackers.

**Iuse 1/3 less fat cream cheese.  My package of blue cheese was 5 ounces and I used it all.  After I mix all the ingredients together I line a bowl with plastic wrap and spoon the mixture into the bowl. I cover the mixture with the plastic wrap and then refrigerate it over night.  When I'm ready to plate the cheeseball I remove the plastic-wrapped mixture from the bowl and I form it into a ball while it's still wrapped. This works so much better than doing it with your bare hands.  I don't roll my finished cheeseball in parsley because my family would be less likely to eat it if it were green!  If I were to serve it anywhere else I probably would roll it in the parsley or chopped pecans.
Ingredients.
Cheeses.
Finely chopped onion.
Mixed together.
Spoon into plastic wrap & bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap.
After refrigeration.
Forming inside plastic wrap.
After forming into ball.
Ready to serve.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment