Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 19, 2012

10 Days of Proverbs 31~ Day TWO

Photobucket


Proverbs 31: 17 “She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.”

This is another struggle for a lot of people including me at times. HOUSEWORK! Definitely not a favorite past time for me!


Again, I can not possibly measure up to this Godly woman, but I can certainly try.





My husband & I have four children. The first two kids, I worked full time and they were both in daycare. My second two kids, I am able to be a stay at home mom. I believe all four of my children are healthy and amazing kids. In other words I am in no way passing judgment on either choice.
I do feel that if you are able to be a stay at home mom, that you have a ton of responsibilities as does a full time working mother. Regardless, being a mom, you always have housework, laundry, cooking meals, cleaning, and the list goes on and on.


I believe the Proverbs 31 woman was not lazy. I believe she took care of her household and her children.

As a stay at home mom, I feel it is my responsibility to keep a tidy home and provide healthy cooked meals for my family. I also feel it is just as important to spend time with your children. Balance is important.



I strongly feel it is important to teach your children to help out with the daily tasks. Yes life is busy. But my children are part of my family and it is so important they learn to do household chores, because we are raising them to be adults and someday they will have homes of their own.







A cleaning method that I think works well for busy families is to clean one room a day. Deep clean one or two rooms a day, and then Sunday, spend it with your family, not CLEANING!
I would also like to mention, that my husband is wonderful at helping me with the household chores! We have a really nice system, I cook and get supper on the table and he cleans up the kitchen while I am helping our younger kids with baths.
I encourage all moms working and non-working moms to make it a family affair and get your children involved. You will be taking care of them by teaching them these values!


     
Today is day 2 of and many others are doing a series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.

• Contributing to family income/2 better than 1
• The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
• Using time wisely/BlessedBeyondMeasure
• Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
• Using money wisely/Jennifer Sikora
• Keeping an eye on home/Just a Glimpse
• She can laugh at the days ahead/faith filled food for moms
• Clothed in strength and dignity/One thing I’ve Learned
• Taking care of others/ 2 savvy gals
• Being Creative/A Patchwork Mommy
• Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
• Extending your Hand to the Poor/Women’s Fellowship House
• Organization/Teaching what is Good




Hope you all enjoy!! Feel free to explore the blogs ahead of time. We have some very talented women participating.


1 comment:

  1. I never had much responsibility with chores growing up and I think it shows now. As a stay-at-home mom I find it difficult to be motivated to do housework and the balance between playing with my daughter and keeping our home has been tricky for me (since I mostly just want to play :) ) In an effort to keep her from having the same experience I inlcude her (at the age of 2) in our housework. She helps load the laundry and fold it, I let her have a few pulls at the vacuum, and she pours water in the tub from a cup while I clean it. It helps me feel like I'm still spending time playing with her, and at this point in her life she sees it all as a fun game! My hope is that she grows up prepared to keep her own home one day!

    ReplyDelete