Proverbs 31: 17 “She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.”
Again, I can not possibly measure up to this Godly woman, but I can certainly try.
I consider a personal gift of mine is taking care of others. I really enjoy it and love to be a help to others.As a busy mom, I tend to prefer to do things myself, just to get it done as quickly as I possibly can. And not to mention to have it done "right".
Yesterday I talked about letting your children help out with household tasks. I must admit this is a challenge for me. Do not get me wrong, I have no problem with giving my children chores that I know they can do and not make a mess at.
But, when it comes to them asking to help with something that may be a bit more challenging for them, such as washing dishes or helping prepare dinner...I tend to say no, we are in a hurry and I just need to get it done as quickly as possible.
I want my children to grow up wanting to help others. This is a personal struggle that I am slowly getting better at.
When life is quiet for a few seconds the thoughts of guilt come to mind. I should have just said yes, you can help me fold laundry. Who cares if I have to redo it. Time goes fast and my kids are growing up even faster. I need to learn to cherish those moments and slow down.
Most of all I want my children to love to help others, not to be turned away.
I encourage any of you who may be experiencing the same challenges that I do to ask God for patience and ask him to help you to slow down with life's business and cherish the blessings that are right in front of you...your kiddos.
It's a prayer I say daily:)
Many others are doing a series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.
• Contributing to family income/2 better than 1
• The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
• Using time wisely/BlessedBeyondMeasure
• Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
• Using money wisely/Jennifer Sikora
• Keeping an eye on home/Just a Glimpse
• She can laugh at the days ahead/faith filled food for moms
• Clothed in strength and dignity/One thing I’ve Learned
• Taking care of others/ 2 savvy gals
• Being Creative/A Patchwork Mommy
• Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
• Extending your Hand to the Poor/Women’s Fellowship House
• Organization/Teaching what is Good
Hope you all enjoy!! Feel free to explore the blogs ahead of time. We have some very talented women participating.